Monday 3 November 2008

Time To Grow Old?

I was wondering at what age you get old? I'm now in my 40's and have 2 grandchildren, but still feel and act like someone who's half my age.
Is there a point you reach when you suddenly start disliking modern music and stop playing games and go buy yourself some slippers?
Am I embarrassing to my kids, they haven't said anything and still ask my advice on what bands are hot at the moment and how to use computers and the internet.
Although I'm older than my wife she seems to have aged much more than me, mentally and physically and much as I love her it's becoming a pain not being able to do the things I want to do as she is not as fit as she used to be.
Maybe it'll hit me soon and I can age gracefully?

1 comment:

Colin Todhunter said...

I'm wondering about the same question, Lee. Late 40s and still going around the world with my backpack like I'm in my 20s still. It's only when I look in the mirror that I notice my age. So I try not to look in the mirror. Then I carry on as usual - gracefully or not!