Thursday 6 May 2010

X Marks The Spot

Well I've done my duty and voted, and once again it'll make as much difference as throwing it in the bin in this Tory safe seat :(
Once again the wife and me were by far the youngest people at the polling station, which considering we're both now over 40 is still surprising.
My kids and their friends although doing things like joining facebook groups and having opinions in support of various parties seem unlikely to bother voting with the most common comment being "it won't make any difference", which seems to be the general opinion of most young people I know.
So we should know which bunch of crooks will have the power sometime in the next 12-16 hours, a 3 way tie would be interesting but I expect the Tories to win although possibly not with an overall majority, I very much doubt that the Lib/Dem's 33% of the vote (according to polls) will translate into 33% of the seats and they will still be the third party, although I could be wrong and usually am.

It would be interesting to know how much the Tories have spent on advertising (campaigning) this time as everywhere I look I see posters of prospective Tory candidates, most web sites I log into have Conservative adverts jumping out at me, campaign leaflets coming through my letterbox every couple of days, and I had to drive to Norwich yesterday and virtually every farmers field I passed had a large placard in support of the area's Tory planted by the side of the road every 50 yards I estimate I saw about 500 in my 2 hour drive (there were 2 for the Liberals as well).

Fingers crossed that smug git Cameron won't be smiling in the morning, but I'm bracing myself for disappointment.

No comments: