Friday 18 May 2007

Ripped Off?

Following on from the gambling thread earlier.
I had one bet today, a tenner each way on a 9/2 nag.
It won :) but then checked my winnings on Wm Hill expecting £74 and found they've only given me £46.50?
So gotta wait for them to get back to me after I complained.
Wonder how many people they do this too, who don't notice.

Edit: Apologies to my lovely honest bookie, I cocked up it was a dead heat and I was wrong (helf odds for dead heats).

Reminds me of some bank statements I used to get when I used to be with Lloyds,
every 6 months or so they would pay my bank loan twice to themselves in the same month!!
Of course they always apologised and said "I'm not sure how that happened" or really meant "damn he checks his statements and we've been rumbled".

No comments: