Thursday 15 November 2007

The Supermarket Handicap


No it's not a horse race, just another rant.
I popped into the supermarket to get some milk and fags, and as I'm returning to my car I'm slowly passed by an old guy with a bad limp, he had just come from his car parked next to mine 4 rows back from the front of the store.
Although the first thought is was he actually fit to drive a car, I then wondered why he hadn't parked in the 10 or so disabled places at the front of the store?
I checked his windscreen and sure enough there was a disabled badge.
So out of interest I checked the windows of the selection of 4x4's and People carriers in the disabled spaces and only one had a disabled badge.

My cure for this problem would obviously be to tow them away and send them to the crusher (the vehicles I mean), although a far more appealing thought came to me :)
Maybe the drivers could be checked for disabilities and if they didn't have one we could "nobble" them Kathy Bates style, to justify their use of disabled parking spots.

No comments: