Saturday 22 December 2007

Passwords

A few years back at work I was pulled up by our security conscious IT department and told my system login had taken less than 3 seconds to break, and was advised to change it to something containing upper and lower case letters, numbers and symbols.
So I've followed the advice ever since, the problem being once in a while I have a blank mind and totally forget them.
I sometimes amazed when I pull a password from the back of my mind for a rarely used website login, but once in a while a "brain file" goes missing!!
I write this after searching for hours for the scrap of paper I wrote this sites login on, I know we're advised not to write down passwords but with my housekeeping skills not being as tidy as my brain they are reasonably safe as I finally found it after going through two boxes of bills, junk mail and assorted crap I found it.
Would have been easier to send for a replacement I know, but don't like to be beaten :)

No comments: