Friday 29 February 2008

Bloody Scammers

Ordered my new washing machine this week and today get a phone call from someone saying he was from the company.
He thanked me for the order and asked if would be interested in appliance cover? I said I'll think about it, so he says he needs to set up a direct debit so that the monthly premium can be taken if I decide to take out the cover.
He reads out all the info I've supplied including the last 4 numbers of my credit card, and points out that he wouldn't have that info if it wasn't genuine.
Maybe my suspicious nature but it just doesn't ring true to me.
I say to him send the details and I'll post the debit info later if I decide I need the insurance, but he claims he can't send out the info without setting up a DD first, as the post isn't a safe way to send bank info!!
Maybe I should tell my bank this when they send my statement by post :)
After refusing to give him the info, he gets the hump and hangs up.

I've contacted the company and told them their info is being used by probable scammers, will wait and see what they say.
Maybe I'll get some money off as a reward? haha

1 comment:

Lee said...

About time you posted something else Lee :)