Friday 5 June 2009

The Job Hunt

All getting a bit depressing at the moment, I've sent of dozens of CV's but it seems that the old fashioned "sorry" letter has gone out of fashion.
I've only had one reply in nearly six months and that was when I applied to work in the job centre!, even that turned into a farce as I was invited to a numeracy and literacy test which I did but was told I hadn't got through to the interview stages then a month later I received a letter from them telling me I had passed the tests and that I should keep the letter in case I applied again in the future?
Obviously my face didn't fit then so why would it in future.

Maybe I'm setting my standards too high, especially my wage expectations?
Probably 95% of the jobs seen that I would be qualified for offer wages that I couldn't live on in 1995, and the only jobs offering the wages I was taking home 2 years ago tend to be managerial or degree standard health service jobs which I really don't have a chance of.
Oh well something will come along soon hopefully.

No comments: