Monday 28 January 2008

Depressed (not yet)

I should be really depressed today, but at the moment I'm OK... might hit me later?
To explain I play Fantasy footie with one of the newspapers and I've just missed out on a £1000 prize by one point, the second prize is only £50.
Annoyed because it turns out I was 6 minutes from winning when the idiot Croatian full back (Corluka) picked up a booking yesterday and cost me 2 points.
Suppose it hasn't really sunk in because up till yesterday it looked unlikely I would get anywhere near the top prize but after 3 inspired player picks (and one bad one) I nearly made it.
Anyway I've been playing music and updating my other blog since finding out, and music makes me forget most things.

In the last 20 years I've had many real reasons to be depressed such as death of loved ones, poverty, eviction, work stress, illness, injuries etc and I always find that music keeps things on track.
The wife knows what I'm like and leaves me to it, as talking to her when I'm stressed and depressed usually leads to an argument.
I tend to inflict my troubles on complete strangers who are detached from the reality of the situation, it works for me although I've probably left many people thinking I'm nuts.

So I've written this and realised there's nothing to get depressed about because life hasn't changed at all, in fact I'm £50 richer than I was yesterday :)
If I had got the grand the wife would have insisted on a new washing machine and me finally getting round to sorting out the bathroom, so it's saved me the effort :)

No comments: