Saturday 30 August 2008

Infections-R-Us

Oh well the missus finally got out of hospital alive :)
She caught the obligatory infection, which happens after every op she's had, despite all their new anti-infection initiatives (Fortunately not the MRSA type infection that they gave to my dad).
So the 5 day stay turned into almost a month, and now she has to have a nurse turn up at home every day for the next month to treat the unhealed wound (sigh).

Another thing she brought home was a stinking cold, which she passed on to me :)
Strangely although I'm pretty infection resistant I managed to develop just one symptom, a bad throat which has actually been quite funny as the main effect has been to change my voice every day, by day 3 I was doing a really good impression of Lee Marvin doing "Wandering star" :)
By day 4 I was the singer from Crash test dummies (if you remember that song "Mmm Mmm Mmm Mmm"), sadly it's returned to normal now so my "voice-over" career is over before it began.

No comments: