Friday 5 December 2008

What a bunch of Bankers

So I go into the bank today (the one who cut my overdraft after I used it for the first time in years) to deposit the money they wanted after withdrawing it from my gambling account.
I decide not to have an argument over their pretty shitty way of treating me so I'm reasonably calm at the counter and then the assistant says to me "have you received a leaflet about the banking changes?", "No" I say "what's changed", so he tells me that I can no longer draw out less than £30 and I can't ask for a mini statement at the counter.
Cue a mood swing "So you're going to cut your bank charges then due to the reduced service are you", he replies "no sir it's to reduce waiting time at the counter" so I point out that it takes as long to withdraw £30 as it does £10 and possibly longer.
He gives me the raised eyes look so I then ask what happens if I only have £29 and he says I can still use the ATM, "and what if I only have £9.99 how do I get my money then as the ATM has a £10 minimum" "surely you stopping me from withdrawing MY money is theft and must be against the law".
Don't know if he's buzzed for help but another member of staff appears and rescues him by taking me off to her desk.
I make my point and also tell her what I think about their overdraft policy but as usual it's banging your head against a brick wall with these people.

I still regret the day all those years ago when my work told me that they weren't paying us in cash anymore and we had to open bank accounts.

No comments: