Monday 13 August 2007

Day Trips

On a lighter note.
Did a few day trips this week taking in some seaside towns.
Living in Southend I probably don't appreciate what our seafront has to offer, but after visiting other seaside resorts the comment "poor man's Southend" seems to come up a lot.
Skegness is the latest to suffer that fate, I had never been there before so I thought I'd look it up.
Have to say it was pleasant, but nothing special.
They have all the usual things you would expect of a seaside town, but I ended up comparing it to Southend and it didn't match up.
Bognor Regis got a visit and again it was ok, but lacking against the home town.
I was impressed by Weston Super Mare, maybe because the weather was excellent that day but also by the people who all seemed polite and friendly (the main thing that lets Southend down).
I plan to go back there soon, as I enjoyed my brief stay.

No comments: