Thursday 12 July 2007

Danny Dyer

Danny Dyer, he might be from Canning town, he might be a West Ham fan, he might be a proper "cockney geezer"?
Dunno why but I just find him fake, it all seems like a very bad impersonation.
Seen a few of his films and he plays the same character in every one, seems to
base himself on Paul Whitehouse's character "Chris the Crafty Cockney" in the fast show "I'm a little bit waayy, a little bit wooah", or maybe Whitehouse based it on Danny Dyer? who knows.

Anyway I'll give him another chance after seeing this out-takes video from
his real football factories show, for anyone that's never seen them he goes
around Britain and the world talking to ageing hooligans about the "good old
days" of football hooligans, and talking to their "firms".
Could be an interesting documentary if you didn't have to hear Dyer keep bringing up "when I was in the football factory" all the time.

Here's the vid, as I said I'll give him another chance, as after cocking up various
scenes he doesn't drop his accent and slip into "public schoolboy" like I expected.

No comments: