Monday 24 September 2007

New Fridge?

The fridge in the picture is mine, I've had it over 20 years and it was second hand when we got it.
It still works fine, although the handle is broken and if you leave anything at the back it will get frozen to the back of the fridge? also pools of water mysteriously appear on the top?
But the missus wants a new one, and she likes those double door American style ones, I agree they look nice but wonder what we'd fill it with?
Being an old fashioned ale drinker my beer never goes in the fridge, and most food is gone within days due to the gannets in my family :)
Anyway off I trot to Curry's this morning to have a look around.
Found a couple of suitable ones, the problem being all the ones I liked didn't have prices on display, so I hang around looking for an assistant for ages and they're all hiding, so after 10 minutes I give up and go looking at the big TV's.
After pressing a couple of buttons on the TV's I get 2 assistants racing to offer me help :)
so I drag them back to the fridges and ask the prices, both stand there staring at the fridge doors looking for the price that isn't there, one finally offers to find out for me and the other assistant wanders off relieved.
About 10 minutes later she comes back and tells me the price of one, so I ask a technical question and she's wishing she was somewhere else, finally we go off to a computer terminal but she's forgotten her password,.
Another 10-15 minutes later I'm handed a print out of the 2 fridges I've inquired about.
Happy about this as I can go home and check the models out on the net to get a cheaper price.
As I was in a slightly bolshie mood after the delays I enquired about deals if I bought a new washing machine as well (as in how much could I get off for buying 2 things), I get the standard response of "I'll have to ask the manager" and the expected "he's not here at the moment" line.

Oh well a waste of an hour, but it was pouring with rain when I went in, and the sun was out when I left :)

No comments: