Thursday 25 October 2007

Rip Off Britain (Part 2)

Bloody cheating newsagents.

Getting sick of all the newsagents round here who try to rip you off everytime you buy something.
1) The nearest one is a family business and the father has always seemed pretty honest and is a nice guy, but his missus is a nightmare every single time I've bought something which needs change I'm handed the change a pound short, and she seems really put out when you point out her mistake.
I learnt very quickly to keep my hand on the counter and count out the change after the first few times where she basically accused me of fiddling her!! "I definitely gave you the right change" she said in a loud voice as I walked off before checking, it would probably seem to the other customers she was playing to that I was trying to scam her.
She obviously makes a habit of it as despite my many complaints over the years it happens everytime I go in there, and if I was the only one surely she would remember me.
A nice little earner.

2) Another newsagent I use sometimes has an old guy who's scam involves holding back any notes in the change, for example if you buy something for a couple of quid and give him a tenner he will hand over the coins then wait to see if you walk out.
If you stand there for a minute waiting he will go back to the till and get the fiver.
Never get an apology, another nice little earner.

3) Last week I had to use the newsagent in the hospital and sure enough my change came up a pound short.
I mentioned it to my missus who used to work there and described the woman, and she says "yeah she's always doing that", so I said to her how come you didn't do it as you were always broke when you worked there and you could have earnt a fortune, but she's too honest.

No comments: