Sunday 28 October 2007

Vinyl Ripping

Finally set up my new toy the mp3 turntable.
Connected it up and loaded the program (Audacity) and was ready to go.
Had a look around and found some old vinyl 7'' singles which were in a box ready to go to a boot sale one day to test it out.
First problem was despite following all the instructions I can't get any sound through my PC :(
But the waveform appears on screen so I knew it was working and would be able to play it back once it was ripped and saved/converted.
The first single I tried seemed to be taking forever to play, turned out it had got stuck halfway through and I had about 10 minutes of the same groove :(
Tried a different single which recorded perfectly but when I played it back it was hard to concentrate as it seemed to amplify every single scratch and dust particle.
Will have to put some practice into this (and buy a new cleaning cloth).

No comments: