Thursday 30 October 2008

Good Causes

It seems I've won £850,000 from the UK lottery board ... yipee!!
But then I ask the question if it's the UK lottery board, why does the e-mail eminate from westga.edu (which is supposed to be the University of West Georgia in the USA) and if I Google the claims department phone number it seems I am only one of thousands of people that have won £850,000 and have reported this e-mail as suspicious?

They only want the following details from me to send me my prize -
1.full name: 2.Home Address: 3.Age: 4.Sex: 5.Tele: 6.Occupation: 7.Country Of Residence: 8.Nationality: 9.Amount Won: 10.Religon
I wonder if we can all get together and help out third world poverty? if anyone knows of a worthy charity and they are willing to supply the details required we could send our Billion pounds to them.

e.g
Claims Requirements:
1.full name: Gordon Brown
2.Home Address: 10 Downing Street, London
3.Age: 57
4.Sex: M
5.Tele: 0207 270 3000
6.Occupation: Politician
7.Country Of Residence: United Kingdom
8.Nationality: British
9.Amount Won: £850,000
10.Religon: Church Of Scotland

That would help a country who are up to their eyes in debt.

Of course this just might be a scam!!

No comments: