Monday 18 June 2007

Blown Away By Religion



Love watching natural phenomenon shows, volcanoes, earthquakes
etc showcasing the power of nature.
Watched one the other night called "killer twisters" about tornadoes
reeking havoc across the Southern states of America.
Tragic due to the loss of life of human and animals.
But one thing I can never get my head around?
They interviewed a woman whose town had just been devastated with
the church probably taking the worst hit, and children from her
family having been lost, and what does she say?
"I thank Jesus that he was with me and saved my life"!!
Other than the selfish nature of her reply in that she was thanking
Jesus for saving HER life, while taking others, surely the thought
should have crossed her mind that if there was a god, why on Earth
would he have allowed the church to be destroyed, and taken family
members from this obviously god fearing family.

I have never understood or believed in religion, surely just an easy
answer for weak minded people who cannot grasp the enormity of our
universe or understand the reasons for our existence on this planet.

The Bible has always seemed to me to be just another book belonging
in the fiction section, and not a very good one at that.

If JK Rowling had been born several thousand years ago, would these
people now be worhipping the Lord Harry Potter?

No comments: