Thursday 14 June 2007

The Police

Never been a fan of the police, for a lot of reasons some of which I can't go into here.
Have always taken the view, that the only people who became coppers
were those nasty little sneaky kids at school, who would run off and tell
the teacher if you did anything wrong.
Although our village bobby when I was a kid was a nice guy, the police
from the bigger towns around always seemed to be smarmy smartarse gits
who were on a power trip.
A stereotype further fueled at a place I worked a few years back, when I found out
the two most obnoxious sense of humour free people I'd ever met were both
police specials in their spare time.

But credit to this guy http://inspectorgadget.wordpress.com/ who has given me
a different view, and some sympathy for the regular coppers who try to keep law
and order in the ever more dangerous Britain.
Well worth spending some time reading his blog, about what it's like to be a copper
in these politically correct, quota filled times.

Like every other industry in Britain these days, cost cutting and performance targets
are the key words, and public service is put to the back of the queue.

No comments: