Thursday 14 June 2007

Public Enemy No. 1 ?


I'm a smoker - Public enemy number one it seems?

A trip to the doctor's last week to get something to ease the pain in my
shoulder, which still hurts like hell after my drunken fall a few weeks back.
Spent half the appointment talking about smoking?

Doc "What's wrong"
Me "my shoulder hurts like hell"
Doc "do you smoke?"
Me "Yes"
Doc "Give it up"
Me "Ok, does this have anything to do with a muscle injury"
Doc "You must give up smoking"
Me "Can you give me something for my shoulder"
Doc "how many do you smoke a day"
Me ".... a lot more when I'm in pain"
Doc "No need to be like that"
etc etc Grrrrr....

Wife's a non smoker, but when she visited the hospital today
for an assessment for an upcoming operation, the first questions
were "are you a smoker", "did you ever smoke",
"when did you give it up", "how long did you smoke".
The operation has nothing whatsoever to do with with smoking.

Wondering if terrorists get asked "do you smoke" as a first
question after being arrested with a bomb in their backpacks?
.... probably.

If you feel the need to be hated by society, don't kill someone
or blow up a building or aeroplane just start smoking,
here's a guide on how to do it -
Give the anti smoking Nazi's something to complain about.

No comments: